Perth & Kinross Council: Getting It Wrong Again

Of necessity a lengthy riposte to a FOI response from Perth & Kinross Council which demonstrated ignorance and arrogance in equally large measure.

Perth & Kinross Council: Getting It Wrong Again (download)

We are still awaiting a copy of a home ed 'presentation' made to the Child Protection Committe (overdue but they are apparently working on finding it) and will be FOI-ing the Scottish Government in a couple of weeks for all the correspondence with the council relating to home education and a copy of the 'research evidence' the council plans to present to the govt (which did not involve any consultation because they didn't have to involve any stakeholders!)

Diane

HEdups
If they've lost a presentation then they are showing themselves to be entirely incapable, even in small matters.

Diane

The bit they should have redacted is probably the charts showing how many children from each school have been de-registered because that's getting down to the level where they could be identified. I think I've seen other areas where the answer is "less than ten". They could have noted that certain (named) schools had more de-registrations than the norm and left it at that.

Elaine Kirk

Super Moderator
Fran Rinaldi has used the usual badmanesque methods
34 children home educated
Should read -
34 children are known to be home educated but as parents are under no obligation to register with the council the figure is not factual.
13 children known to social services
Yet again badmanesque presentation is used as the figure is not broken down into children known to social services because they are disabled , victims of bullying, suicidal, carers, abused........
If Rinaldi wants to avoid being shown up as a villifier of a law abiding minority group she should apologise forthwith and PKC should stop circulating this misleading, poorly presented piece of crap :puke:

My reaction was 'same old same old' really. No vision, just clutching on to every possible straw that would enable as much control as possible to remain in P&K/Rinaldi's hands.