Norway's Barnevernet: They took our four children. then the baby

Admin

Administrator
We're heading down the same route here, the Scandinavians are just a bit further along the road where the children's charities are clamouring to become the parenting police. There is strong evidence of racisim and religious intolerance fuelling the rise in removing children who don't fit the master race template. The language of early intervention (let's just call it eugenics) sounds all too familiar.

Norway's Barnevernet: They took our four children… then the baby

Viewers in the UK can watch Our World on the BBC News Channel at 04:30 on Saturday or catch up afterwards on the iPlayer

The case of a young couple in Norway whose five children were taken away by the state has fuelled mounting concern within the country and abroad over its child protection practices. Protesters around the world - and leading Norwegian professionals - say social workers are often too quick to separate children from their families, with too little justification, particularly when parents are immigrants.
The campaign in support of the couple has been particularly well-supported in Marius's home country, Romania, and by Evangelical Christians worldwide, because the couple are Pentecostals. Many protesters believe they are victims of discrimination on religious and national grounds.
One case involving a Czech family in Norway has led to a major diplomatic row between Norway and the Czech Republic. Czech President Milos Zeman accused Norwegian social workers of acting like Nazis - an allegation the Ministry for Children has described as absurd and unworthy of comment.
In an open letter of protest to the Children's Minister, 170 leading Norwegian professionals involved in child protection - lawyers, psychologists, social work experts - say Barnevernet is a "dysfunctional organisation which makes far-reaching errors of judgment with serious consequences".

Psychologist Einar Salvesen, one of the initiators of the letter, says: "There is a lack of what I'd call the human factor. A lack of empathy, really providing an atmosphere so people can learn… It's more like police interventions, more like we have to find out what's wrong with you."

Norway has long been proud of the resources it devotes to protecting children.

In 1981 it was the first country in the world to appoint a children's ombudsman - an independent official responsible for protecting children's rights. The idea has since been copied across Europe and beyond.
But the number of children and young people taken into care rose by half from 2008 to 2013. That was partly in reaction to nationwide shock in 2005 over the killing of an eight-year-old boy, Kristoffer, who was beaten to death by his stepfather.

Most cases now don't involve parental violence, though, or alcohol- or drug-abuse. The commonest reason for a care order now is simply "lack of parenting skills".
Home videos of the little girl when she was three and four months old show her lying in her cot, apparently alert and responsive as she interacts with her parents.

But Barnevernet, the child protection service, said lack of eye contact, and other signs, revealed she was suffering serious psychological harm. They said her parents couldn't meet her emotional needs, partly because her mother was depressed, and Erik - to quote one social worker - was "simple".
Just days before Barnevernet started their urgent assessment of the family, a doctor at their local health clinic found the little girl was developing normally.

But that wasn't mentioned at the court hearing that later upheld the care order. Nor, according to the girl's grandfather, Yngve, was other evidence the family put forward to try to win her back.
As the Norwegian media begins to investigate a story it has long ignored, one journalist has calculated that children with a foreign mother are four times more likely than other children in Norway to be forcibly taken from their families.
Kai-Morten Terning, undersecretary at the Ministry for Children and Equality, says he can't understand the reason for the international protests against his country.
He adds: "We need to be better at helping families early, with assisted measures, because the child welfare service is a helping system, and most of the work they do is helping parents to become better parents."

Admin

Administrator
Norway’s Evil Barnevernet

Norwegians are now speaking out as the world watches what's going on.

Norway’s Evil Barnevernet

As the CPS currently works in Norway, no one can feel safe. Not the most appropriate mother or father will have a chance if CPS comes into play. Many people I have talked to in the past say that fear of the CPS is a normal part of every parent’s life. But what on earth is normal about that?
Shouldn’t we know if we are considered to be good parents or not? This current horror for so many in Norway is debilitating. How can one be assured that an inquiry to the school nurse or kindergarten for help if one needs it, will not lead to the removal of our children? I want my family and my children to be safe, but how do I keep them safe from the child protection services in Norway?

Most foreigners in Norway are tired of their children not living up to the ‘Norwegian Standard,’ and being confiscated as a result of this, for trivial reasons by the Norwegian Government.
Sounds a lot like Scotland's twisted GIRFEC agenda and the data thieving Named Person scheme, enforced by all public sector agencies, state owned children's charities and third sector sock puppets.

Admin

Administrator
Norway accused of unfairly taking away immigrant children

From 2015: Norway accused of unfairly taking away immigrant children

Pettersen, who moved to Norway in 2008 after marrying a Norwegian, is one of hundreds of immigrant parents whose children were taken away by Norway's Child Protection Service, or Barnevernet, ostensibly to protect them from mistreatment.

After a series of highly charged custody disputes, the oil-rich Scandinavian country now faces accusations of cultural insensitivity at best and child theft at worst, as increasing numbers of immigrant children are being seized by officials and handed over to Norwegian foster families. Of 6,737 children taken in 2012 — the latest available data — some 1,049 were immigrants or born to immigrant parents. That compares to 744 children of immigrants taken away, of a total of 5,846, in 2009.

The authorities insist they're acting in the best interests of the children. But their perceived heavy-handedness has stirred diplomatic disputes with several eastern European countries and India.
Instead of showing up at a meeting with officials, Sedef Mustafaoglu made a dash through Denmark to Germany with her two youngest children, aged 6 and 8, and boarded a plane to Turkey.

Speaking by phone from the Turkish capital, Mustafaoglu said an earlier visit from the agency, when her daughters were toddlers, left her terrified.

"They came into my home and filmed how I woke up and how I woke my children, how I fed my children, how I gave them a shower and how I played with them," she said. "Having a child in Norway is like being in a scary movie."

Her husband, Feridun Mustafaoglu, who stayed behind in Stavanger, Norway's rich oil center on the west coast, said their problems started in 2011 when their son started having severe epileptic fits, which he believes officials mistook for signs that the parents weren't caring for the child.
Campaigners and lawyers for parents say the decisions too often are rooted in cultural misunderstandings.

"I have a lot of foreign cases. Often the lunchbox ... is not good enough for school or there is problem with schoolwork," said Ieva Rise, an Oslo lawyer representing several Latvian families in disputes with officials. "In Latvia and Russia, children help more in the home when they are quite small. This can be a problem as well."
The perfect role model for Scottish SHANARRI wheel spinners.