National Body for Home Education Professionals: new threat to home ed in England

Dad23

Whether we like it or not the AEHEP is going ahead.

Our choices simply are to inflitrate the group (if we can) so we know what they're up to ... or refuse to have any dealings with them and fight at the other end, after they've stitched us up.

Diane

HEdups
We know what's happening because (deleted) reports on what she hears.

We know that some of the group contain members of councils who act in an ultra vires way.

We know that Daniel Monk is pants, and that some of the representatives who came along are reasonable humans.

Maybe we know we should keep an eye on the whole thing but perhaps it will end with a whimper. Maybe we should protest the whole waste of taxpayers' money, if they are using taxpayers' money, thing.

Maybe if the ones who want changes are motivated by their lack of understanding and brains I would be more bothered if they had a greater understanding and more brains.

But they don't and I'm not.

Mr_E

Home Ed Representatives - Who Will Stand for Home Edder's

Hi All,

My wife and I have been homeschooling our eldest daughter for almost two years now after pulling her out of school and yes, we did try flex-schooling or her as well.

This post has interested me and despite searching the internet, I haven't been able to find out my answer. Maybe one of you know.

Who represents home education parents and speaks for their concerns? All I've read and seen, seems to be driven from the governments side and despite being numerous home education groups around the UK, there doesn't seem to be someone or group who will speak for and on behalf of parents who are home educating, that I can see. If there isn't, I am quite interested in getting the ball rolling or support the endeavour, to ensure that home educating parents are not railroaded into forcing kids back into school, teaching the national curriculum at the schools rate, etc.

The latest proposal states "If it appears that a child is not receiving a suitable education the council can serve a notice on the parents requiring them to satisfy the local authority within a specified period that the child is receiving a suitable education. The specified period must be at least 15 days. Departmental guidance encourages councils to address the issue informally before serving a notice." What is the definition of "suitable education"? This is entirely subjective and can lead to disagreements between parents and Local Authorities.

I do agree that children need to be educated and parents need to meet their legal obligation but each child is unique and learns at different rates as well as has different interests they can pursue. As a parent, I want the best for my children and know that you do to, which is why I have raised this post.

Thanks for reading.

Admin

Administrator
Whether we like it or not the AEHEP is going ahead.

Our choices simply are to inflitrate the group (if we can) so we know what they're up to ... or refuse to have any dealings with them and fight at the other end, after they've stitched us up.
Sorry I've been busy elsewhere and missing several threads and updates...

Who is "we"? AFAIAC infiltration is not the same as collaboration. HEF will not link to the websites of rentseekers, lobbyists and manipulators who seek to control the flow of information for personal gain and/or political advancement. This latest nonsense is a classic example of fifth columnists crawling over broken glass for a seat at the top table with what can only be described as a bunch of numpties missing 50 shades of grey matter.

It is frankly shocking to hear that some self important home educators are currently drawing up lists of the 'wrong' sorts who should be prevented from home educating as they bring HE into disrepute by exercising a lawful choice in a non community approved way. Why not make unsuitable parents jump through more hoops to prove they are worthy of HE authorised status? I really thought such prejudices had been knocked on the head when EO was exposed for its smug "I'm all right, Jack, pull the ladder up" attitude back in the 90s. Clearly it has been embraced by a new self appointed opportunistic 'elite' who don't want their party spoiled by the HE underclass.

Next it'll be the 'wrong' sort of parent who may have had a child for the wrong reasons and may not tick all the right parenting boxes. But hey wait, that's what the government is doing already and these same smug home educators will be sorted into 'worth to the economy' boxes and be found every bit as wanting as the lowlife they so despise. They should be careful what they wish for.

Fighting the HE corner in isolation is a pretty pointless exercise, but it keeps the useful idiots nicely distracted as they fight over the rent.

First they came and all that...

Diane

HEdups
That's the joy of home educating. All kinds of people with all kinds of ideas about what they should do and others should do or not do. Just like everyone else really.

There isn't really a person to speak for home educators because home educators tend to speak for themselves. Even the young people who are home educated speak for themselves.

Home edders really aren't one group they are legion and myriad. But, if you are on facebook, aHED is the closest thing home educators have to a fighting arm, as it were.

Admin

Administrator
From AEHEP (the real McCoy):

It has been brought to our attention that our AEHEP brand is being passed off by a bunch of state agents masquerading as 'home education professionals', aided and abetted by the sort of rentseeking sorts who have already sold their own grannies and are now looking to exploit our children. The really sinister aspect is that, despite being paid for from our taxes, we can't seem to contact them directly to issue a cease and desist notice in respect of our previously established brand. What do our 866 experts think about this threat to our association's standing in the community?

Diane

HEdups
As one of the actual experts I think that the self-styled experts collectively known as AEHEP (the one not ending with 'Parents') are bringing us into disrepute.