Hesfes

Admin

Administrator
HESFES has moved to a new location near Paddock Wood in Kent and will run from 11th to 18th July 2009.

For those unfamiliar with the Home Educators' Summer Festival, now in its 11th year, it is a week long family festival with workshops, live music, entertainment and a HE conference. It is run by a co-operative of volunteers on a non profit making, self funding basis.

Full details on the HESFES website.

Dad23

Thanks, Ali. Was checking out the hesfes 2011 website and considering attending for the full week.

Does anyone know if there are caravans for hire at the venue? The wife doesn't fancy a week in the tent.

Even if nearby hotels aren't fully booked up, it's bound to be more interesting, and social, if we stay on location rather than several miles out.

Admin

Administrator
There certainly used to be caravans available, but Andy will be able to advise if you email him through the HESFES site.

I don't do camping either. Too many memories of festivals in fields of mud. :lol:

Dad23

Ali, I did try his mobile several times over the past couple of weeks. It seems that it's permanently on voicemail. I've also emailed him a while back (and sent a reminder).

Anyway, is there anywhere else one can buy tickets? It says on the site that tickets are on a first come first served basis and that they always sell out. I'd like to get ours before that happens.

It's sounds like a brilliant event and I've no doubt we'll enjoy it very much. Shame about his website though, it's simply awful! It would have put me off completely if the event hadn't come previously recommended by a friend followed by discovering your post above.

Admin

Administrator
I have just checked out the 2011 website and you can buy tickets online or print and send the booking form. They do day tickets as well as whole week tickets.

HESFES has grown from a small HE camping weekend with a few families into a major annual event, mainly by word of mouth through the HE community.

I'm sure Andy will get back to you, but I'll see if I can raise him or Leslie, who organises the conference, elsewhere. :)

I'll meanwhile change the thread title to HESFES in case the 2009 confuses people. :dizzy:

HESFES Facebook

Hesfes 2011

Hi, sorry for any delay in answering you're query but have been away. In past years we have been able to have 'static' caravans for hire which were 'on site' already, and we have arranged for touring caravans to be delivered to the HESFES site, unfortunately it takes a lot of organisation, and we found that we dont really have the time to do this anymore. We do suggest that if you want to hire a caravan for the week you do it directly with the company, I have a link http://www.stowmarketcaravans.co.uk/caravan_hire.html which I hope will have the info you're looking for, but it does work out rather expensive. Thanks for asking though, hope this is of use,

best regards,
HESFES (Steve)

Dad23

For anyone who's interested, the new location has caravans, electricity hookups for those in tents (which wasn't available before) and lots more. Contact the organisers for more info. Hesfes tickets usually sell out a month or two before the event.